My Girls

My Girls

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Just kidding it wasn't that bad, I just liked that book when I was younger.

The day actually started out pretty good. I had the house cleaned, including scrubbed upstairs by 10:00. That is a really good start to the day. I was trying to be a good mom, wife and do my calling (which I'm not to thrilled with, scouts). I didn't have a car so about a half an hour before scouts Lilly and me walked over to the library to check out the books there. I have been enjoying reading the young adult novels because they are easy to pick up where you left off, and I know they are going to be safe to read. I found the first two Spiderwick Chronicles books and decided I would go for those ones. Come to find out my library card had expired, so no books. We then walked over to the church for scouts. They had decided to cancel it. Darn. So home we go. On the way home is when the storm came in, lots of wind and rain. Lilly wasn't so sure what to think about that.

Being as I had extra time, I made a chocolate cake, and for dinner I wanted country fried chicken. Not a good idea. The cake made and in the oven I started the chicken. I heated the oil, a lot more oil than I thought it would need but that's what the recipe said. Dipped the chicken, and stuck the chicken in, but not as gracefully as I should have. Being as I had the oil too hot, it splattered, and I dropped the chicken causing the hot oil to jump out of the pan onto the stove and my feet. As I explained earlier the oil was too hot for the chicken, which means it, was defiantly too hot for bare feet. Luckily earlier I had taken Lilly in the front room to play in her play area and so she was safe from it. But there I was 29 weeks pregnant trying to get my foot in the kitchen sink to wash off the oil and stop the burning. I turn around and under the pan there is a fire. I get the fire out decide that dinner is a failure already, the chicken was black by now. I go get Lilly and take her upstairs to use the bathtub to put cold water on the burn. Being by the bathtub means to Lilly that she gets to play in water. So I finally give up fighting her and strip her down and let her play in freezing cold water. She loved it, but it meant more fighting to keep her of my feet.

So instead of Craig coming home to a nice dinner, and clean house he comes home to a disaster. He ended up making me dinner after a 12-hour day at work. He also made me go into instacare, being as my whole right foot was blistered on top. All they did was to tell me it was a second-degree burn and gave me some antibiotic cream and Tylenol with codeine.

We had taken Lilly over to my moms while we went to the doctors. She was really cute when we went to pick her up. She came over and sat on my lap, cuddled up and than looked up at me and stuck her beloved pacifier into my mouth. It was really cute. It seemed to me that she know something was wrong, and was saying it was okay.

So I guess it was more of a horrible, terrible no good, very bad night.

4 comments:

  1. awww, Caree! I'm so sorry. NOT fun. I'm glad you were able to get through it all. I would have been a mess. Thank goodness for your husband coming home and making you dinner and giving you the love and attention you needed. Hang in there and I hope your foot heals well.

    Love ya, C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was a reason I never make fried chicken. Sorry about your foot. That is a bummer. Until it gets better no shoes I guess. Barefoot and pregnant.:) Call me if you need any help. I could come get you and Lilly to come play and make bread sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES!!! I am so glad that you had the idea to move Lilly from the room before all of this so that it wasn't a burn on that cute little face of hers. I hope your foot feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, Sis! Some days are like that. . .

    ReplyDelete