We met for the first time in May of 2006, on a blind date. Craig was a friend of my brother-in-law, Brady, from junior high. When Craig got off of his mission he came down from Boise to see his family that lives here, and was able to get together with some of his old friends. That was when we were set up. I was impressed with the way that he treated me, and he liked my eyes (as his family says he described them as "stormy ocean blue"). He went back up to Boise, and I didn't see him again until August. I don't remember why I went out with him again. Maybe it was because I was writing a paper on chivalry, and wanted to do research. But whatever the reason, it became the greatest blessing of my life. After that date he said he was thinking of coming down again the next weekend for General Conference and asked if he could see me then. I said yes. As the weekend got closer I had not heard from him, so that Friday night I ended up texting him, "Are you coming down or not?". I think that these were the words I used, if not then they were the words that I wanted to use. If you ask my family this was a miracle because I didn't believe in calling boys or texting them, it was their job. After that we started dating. Every weekend he drove down here to Utah, until he got a job here and moved down. On November 18 he asked me to marry him. Our engagement was short, but we didn't have a reception, so there wasn't a lot to plan. The day was perfect, I wouldn't have changed anything.
(This is the only picture of him I could find on the computer)
I can't believe how incredibly lucky I am to have Craig in my life. He is a wonderful man, husband, friend, and father. Throughout all that has happened in the last four years I think we have become closer, and I hope that he agrees.
No comments:
Post a Comment