My Girls

My Girls

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Energizer Bunny

I am in school right now working on getting a bachelors in Earth science, bio tech, or elementary education. I am just doing the generals right now so I have this semester to decide. One of my classes is Humanities through the arts. In it I get to go see symphonies, art galleries, dances, theater, and read literature. Saturday night Craig took me to see the Utah Symphony. Unfortunately they don't allow children under 8 in, so I asked my sister Nicole to watch the girls. It was kind of last minute, so I really appreciate her. It had been a long day, and Lilly had refused to take a nap, so as I dropped them off Lilly looked like she was ready for bed. I left them thinking that they would be easy to watch.

The Symphony was great. It was one that had circus acts to classical music. Everything was so nice. It was really fun to watch the performances, the symphony, and especially the director. The director was really into the music, but the funniest part was during the performances he would turn and watch what was going on. The ride home was nice, no screaming kids.

We went to pick up the girls, walked into Nicole's house, and the first thing I hear is Lilly's voice. I thought "Oh crap she's still awake." Apparently while Craig and I were out having fun my children where creating disaster. I had pumped milk for Alaina, that had spilled, and being her, she wouldn't stay asleep if you laid her down. Then there was Lilly. What can I say. She refused to go to sleep, threw a fit that included kicking Jared in the head, and I'm sure that she was all over Nicole's house. Nicole described her as both the Energizer Bunny, and Hammy from Over the Hedge. Earlier today she asked if I had ever tried caffeine for her, because caffeine can calm down ADHD. I told her I had, it only makes it worse. If I remember in Over the Hedge Hammy had caffeine and it made him worse as well. I might have to buy that movie for Lilly someday. I tried to put a picture of Hammy on, but I don't know how.

Sorry Nicole. We owe you big time. Maybe we can watch your kids while you go out on a date sometime. That might make it even.


1 comment:

  1. I liked watching them Caree. They made me laugh. I didn't tell you so you felt bad. I thought it was funny. Lilly is such a crazy little thing, in a good way! She just never stops moving. I love it.

    ReplyDelete